Shipping Clerk Needed
Airfloat parent company Align Production Systems is a Midwest-based company that manufactures standard and custom material-handling equipment and products utilizing advanced load-movement methods and air-film technology. Our product line includes, but is not limited to, air bearings, turntables, ergonomic equipment, and container handling equipment. Align Production Systems is a leader in supplying innovative material-handling solutions to a diverse range of industries including automotive, aerospace, heavy construction, heavy electrical, and various other heavy industries.
As Shipping Clerk, you will be responsible for the clerical and physical tasks in connection with shipping goods. Also responsible for packaging and documentation of outbound shipments.
- Processes shipment either online via the freight companies software (i.e. UPS Worldship, FEDEX, Conway) or makes arrangements verbally or via e-mail with freight companies.
- Prepares shipping documentation; i.e. Labels, Bill of Lading, Packing Slip, Commercial Invoices, NAFTA forms if required, etc. for both U.S. and international locations.
- Determines optimum method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Coordinates with customer for customer routed freight.
- Packages goods for shipment by various methods such as placing in boxes, mounting on skids, shrink wrapping, or placing in crates.
- Builds skids and crates used in shipping.
- Ability to operate hand truck, fork truck, and overhead cranes for the loading of freight.
- Pulling and/or assembling materials from inventory for shipment.
- Responsible for providing freight quotes for the sales and estimating department.
Interested applicants should email their resume to email@example.com.